October 31, 2008
Here’s a poll from MovieTickets.com for what people are looking forward to in ’09. No major surprises and its good to see that the movie that I will be appearing in slides onto the list at the #10 spot.
The MovieTickets.com Top 10 Most Anticipated Films
1. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Warner Bros)
2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Fox)
3. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Paramount)
4. Public Enemies (Universal)
5. Angels & Demons (Sony)
6. Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian (Fox)
7. The Informant (Warner Bros)
8. Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Fox)
9. The Day the Earth Stood Still (Fox)
10. The Taking of Pelham 123 (Sony)
October 30, 2008
A new trailer was released for the new Keanu Reeves and Jennifer Connelly movie “The Day the Earth Stood Still.” The trailer is 5 minutes long and pretty riveting. I’m always skeptical with a Keanu Reeves movie but this one may show some promise.
October 30, 2008
I don’t know if youre in the market for a quadruple bypass, but this box gives me more tents in my pants than the outdoor display at Dick’s sporting goods.
You’ve got two Original Recipe Strips, an Original Recipe Snacker, your choice of a drumstick or thigh, two sides, a biscuit, and a 32-ounce drink all for $7.99.
Any fans of chicken, fries, grease, and having their arteries more backed up than I-95 during holiday rush hour will be a fan of this great new invention.
October 30, 2008
– Today it was announced by Activision Blizzard and Harmonix that The Beatles will be finally coming to the Rock Band series. This is huge news as even ITunes hasn’t been able to get rights to the band’s catalog. This is more proof that the power of video games has far outreached the hardcore video game nerd and become completely mainstream. No details yet on playlists and price, but expect to plunk down the equivalent to a new game to get these songs.
– Lots of news on the new Gears of War movie. Screenwriter Chris Morgan has alluded it to being a prequel to the games and detailing the time before Emergence Day. Expect Marcus Fenix and Dom to be the main characters. “It would be a crying shame not to deal with Marcus and Dom,” Morgan told MTV News. “I would not be interested in the movie if we weren’t dealing with them. I want to see those guys. I want to see ‘Emergence Day.’ I want to see this stuff happen.”
When it comes to bringing the aliens to the big screen, Morgan said he’d obviously leave that up to director Wiseman, but that he wants the filmmakers to stay away from an “all-green-screen, all-CGI movie,” only using the computer effects for “the big stuff”. Think James Cameron’s Aliens.
He summed up his approach to the script: “I want to write and play it as though it happened today. Look outside at your city and imagine that the Locust started rising – that’s how I want it to feel.”
October 29, 2008
Joaquin Phoenix dropped quite a shocker at a benefit for Paul Newman’s camps for kids Monday, announcing his plans to quit acting.
“I want to take this opportunity … to give you the exclusive and just talk a little bit about the fact that this will be my last performance as an actor,” the two-time Oscar nominee told “EXTRA” at the San Francisco event. “I’m not doing films anymore.”
Phoenix plans to work on his music career, and his last movie will be a romantic comedy, Two Lovers with Gwyneth Paltrow
October 28, 2008
So I’ve been going to the gym a lot lately as I’ve come to the conclusion that I have the same diet as a hyper emotional 16 year old going through her first break up – lots of chocolate and ice cream. I live in Manhattan and go to a gym on the Upper East Side which is about 80% chicks and a bunch of guys that look like they stepped out of the pages of Men’s Fitness. Then there’s me, I swear everyone at this place must look at me like I’m part of the Make A Wish foundation and that my last desire was to get a decent body before lymphoma continues to devour my white blood cells. I mean I’m the only guy at this place who looks like he got his gym membership from winning a radio contest.
These girls must think guys lose their libidos as soon as they walk into a gym because I’m on the treadmill the other night and the girl next to me gets done working out and starts stretching on the treadmill. She’s got her legs up on the rails in a 90 degree angle and contorting into a pretzel, while I’m hanging onto my machine for dear life as I’ve been completely thrown out of loop. I can’t tell if every girl that looks at me in that place is checking me out or thinking I’m a rapist. They all seem to have their cell phones out with the number 9 and 1 dialed and ready…you know “just in case.”
Read the rest of this entry »
October 28, 2008
Nickelback is back with another album so get ready to have your radio dominated by this new single “Just Gotta Be Somebody”:
Chad Kroeger learns how to use a synthesizer? what next a Depeche Mode cover?